Tuesday, February 17, 2009

2 Months Old on Sunday

Maddie was two months old on Sunday, Feb. 15th. Boy how time flies. She is getting so big. She is wearing 3 month old clothes. She is growing so fast. She had her 2 month doctors visit yesterday. Now that was the worst thing ever. She had to get three shots. The needles were so long. They were long for me. I would have cried if that lady stuck me with them. She stuck her in her thighs. They went nearly halfway through her leg. They should use much smaller needles. Is a needle that size really necessary? She shed her first tear at the doctors office. She was 10lb 10oz and 24in. long. She is in the 95 percentile in height for her age. Not sure where the height is coming from. Joe and I are both on the shorter side. She must have gotten the Weiland tall gene. The Weiland's are all tall. Joe didn't get the Weiland tall gene. He got the Schick short gene. Both of my parents have short genes too.


Last week I took Maddie to her day care for the first time for about 2 1/2 hours. It was not as hard as I thought. It also helped that I distracted myself with shopping at Target. If I was just sitting around doing nothing then I might have thought about it more than I did. Now 8 hours is going to be a different story and I am still not sure I am going to have an easy time leaving her the first week. For those of you that work with me. Don't mind me. I may have red eyes and feel sad the first week, so just ignore it. I am just having baby withdrawals. I will get use to the change.

She is sleeping through the night now in her crib in her own room. She is such a big girl these days. Look Rachel, she is wearing the outfit you gave her.









My grandma asked me if I had a jolly jumper. I got one at the baby shower, but I had not used it yet because she was just too small. But we decided to get it out the other day. We just stuffed a blanket behind her so that she wouldn't flop around. She likes it, but only for a short period of time. She gets frustrated that she spins when she pushes on the ground, so mommy has to help keep her steady.

No comments: